Meet Dr. Watterson
Kind and gifted physician. Nothing better defines Dr. Paul Watterson. Patients feel an immediate ease and connection with Dr. Watterson, who has been acknowledged throughout his schooling and medical career as a master technician and passionate surgeon whose gentle smile and calm nature inspires trust and confidence.
Dr. Watterson graduated from Utah State University where he was voted Student Body President and later appointed to serve on Utah’s Board of Regents. Following his freshman year, he devoted two years to missionary service in South Africa.
His commitment and academic excellence was again recognized at George Washington University Medical School where he graduated a member of Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society in 1982 and his classmates honored him with the Benjamin Manchester Humanitarian Award. Dr. Watterson finished his general surgery training at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1987 and was subsequently awarded a coveted anatomic research fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
Upon completion of his Plastic Surgery Residency at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, in 1990, he received the Glancy Outstanding Resident Award by the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons. This same pattern of excellence has continued throughout his career. For 12 consecutive years, Charlotte physicians have voted Dr. Watterson “Top Doc” as published in Charlotte Magazine. He is excited to provide the same excellence for patients in his new Utah office. “I have a love for my work and the absolute positive impact it can have in a person’s life,” says Dr. Watterson.
His patients understand that his top surgical priority is their safety and to honor the God-given beauty in each one. “To me, natural is confident and beautiful.”
Dr. Watterson has three sons – Neal, Nathan and Michael. His outside interests include sports of all kinds, camping, scuba diving, oil painting, fishing and volunteer work with various service organizations including Medical Missions International.
- Undergraduate: Utah State University
- Medical School: George Washington University Medical School
- Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Medical Honor Society
- Honored by his classmates with the Benjamin Manchester Humanitarian Award
- General Surgery Residency: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Anatomic fellowship at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Emory University
- Awarded the Glancy Outstanding Resident Award by the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Clinical professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Selected as one of “The Best Doctors in America” and “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” by Charlotte Magazine and Business North Carolina
- Voted “Top Doc” by Charlotte physicians for the past 12 years in Charlotte Magazine
BEFORE & AFTER GALLERY
examples of our surgeons’ expert skills and our patient transformations