If you think you look more tired or older than you are, take a good look at your eyes. Excess, sagging skin and puffiness may be contributing to the aged look of your eyes. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, can rejuvenate your appearance and take several years off your face, making you look more rested and alert. Here are some of the top reasons why men and women consider eyelid surgery.
- It will take about 10 years off your appearance. You will see a difference of about a decade off of your eyes and face after surgery. Surgery will tighten muscles, remove or reposition fat and remove excess skin from the upper and lower eyelids.
- People won’t know you’ve had work done. Your friends will wonder how you look more rested and youthful, but they won’t know unless you tell them.
- Scars are virtually invisible. Incisions are made in the natural crease of the upper eyelid, leaving behind a fine scar. For the lower eyelids, incisions are made just below the eyelash, which will help hide the fine scar there as well.
- It’s low risk. All cosmetic procedures carry some risk, but eyelid surgery is an effective, safe procedure, and complications from surgery are rare.
- It doesn’t require a lot of down time. Stitches will be removed in about a week, and most people return to work and social activities in 1-2 weeks. You can start wearing makeup after about a week.
- It isn’t a painful procedure. Eyelid surgery is outpatient, so you will return home with some swelling, bruising and irritation that can be managed with lubricating ointment, cold compresses and over-the-counter pain medication.
- Results are long lasting. You will see results right away, and the final results will reveal themselves as the swelling and bruising subsides during healing. Your eyes will continue to age, but you will enjoy results for years to come.
Eyelid surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic surgical procedures with high patient satisfaction. If you are interested in seeing whether you are a candidate for surgery, call our office at 801-571-2020 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Watterson.