If you want to do something about the sagging and drooping in the lower two-thirds of your face, then you may be wondering if you would benefit from facelift surgery. Facelifts have come a long way, with several techniques to achieve natural-looking, youthful results. Here are seven things you can expect from facelift surgery.
- Facelift surgery is ideal for patients wh have an overall saggy look, but more specifically those who have sunken cheeks, hanging jowls, deep creases next to the mouth, loose skin and fat deposits on the neck.
- Facelift surgery is often performed on patients in their 40s to 60s, but patients can be well into their 70s and 80s. If you are in good physical health, have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for the outcomes of surgery, then you would be a good candidate for a facelift.
- Surgical technique is tailored to the patient. There are several techniques for facelift surgery, but depending on your own situation, Dr. Watterson may use a combination of techniques to achieve your best results.
- While your results will be permanent, your skin and underlying tissue will continue to age due to the effect of aging, gravity and environmental factors. But since you’ve had a facelift, these effects happen from a much younger-looking starting position.
- You will have scars, but incisions are made to be hidden within the hairline and behind the ears. These scars will be pink at first but will fade into white and become far less noticeable after a few months.
- A comprehensive consultation will determine if you are a good candidate for facelift surgery. Sometimes, patients who have fewer signs of aging may need a non-surgical treatment such as fillers and Botox to achieve results they desire until they reach a point where they are a good candidate for facelift surgery. Filler results aren’t as dramatic as a facelift and last several months to a year. A facelift delivers permanent results.
- While a facelift targets the lower two-thirds of the face, some patients may have a forehead lift, eyelid surgery or neck lift to complement the results of their facelift and achieve the youthful, rejuvenated appearance they desire.
To learn whether you are a candidate for facelift surgery, schedule a consultation with Dr. Watterson by calling 801-571-2020 today.