If you have an angry, tired or sad appearance to your face no matter how you feel, then you may be considering your plastic surgery options. A forehead lift, also known as a brow lift, is a popular plastic surgery procedure that can help you achieve a more youthful appearance. Here is what you need to know about a forehead lift and whether you would be a good candidate for surgery.
- A forehead lift can correct drooping eyebrows, hooding over the eyes and wrinkled foreheads. The surgery does this by removing excess tissue, altering and repositioning muscles and tightening the forehead skin.
- A forehead lift will smooth out wrinkles in the upper third of the face. This surgery will soften horizontal lines in the forehead and bridge of the nose and smooth out the vertical frown lines or “11” lines between the brows.
- There are a couple different techniques to perform a forehead lift. The endoscopic approach consists of making small incisions within the hairline. An instrument with a camera at the end of it, known as an endoscope, is inserted through one of the incisions to give the surgeon a better view of the muscles and tissues under the forehead skin. The brow is elevated, muscles are altered, and the incisions are closed with sutures. Loose bandages are applied to the surgical area.
- This outpatient surgery takes 1-2 hours. Patients will experience temporary swelling, numbness, headaches and bruising. Pain is usually minimal and controlled with oral medications for the first couple of days. You can expect swelling and bruising to subside in a week to 14 days.
- Although you can’t stop aging, you can expect results to last up to 15 years. Even with the continued aging process, your brows won’t ever be as severe as when you started, and your forehead lines won’t be as bad as they were prior to surgery.
If you are interested in learning more about forehead lift surgery, call our office at 801-571-2020 today.