Eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures among both men and women for many reasons.
Read on to learn more about what makes it so popular and why you should consider this plastic surgery procedure.
- Eyelid surgery is an outpatient procedure that consists of removing excess fat, muscle and skin from either the upper or lower eyelids or both.
- Patients who consider eyelid surgery have baggy or droopy upper eyelids. They may have excess skin on the upper eyelids that interferes with peripheral or side vision. They may have excess skin on the lower eyelids and bags under the eyes.
- Many patients choose to undergo eyelid surgery in addition to other procedures such as skin resurfacing or plastic surgery such as a brow lift or facelift.
- One of the biggest reasons why eyelid surgery is so popular is because of the subtle results it delivers and the fact that you don’t have much or any visible scarring. No one will know what you did unless you tell them. Patients will see a more rested, more youthful appearance that will last for years to come.
- The incisions for eyelid surgery are designed in a way so that the resulting scars will be hidden. In the upper eyelid, the incision is made in the natural crease of the eyelid. In the lower eyelid, the incision is made just below the lashes or inside the lower lid.
- Patients will have bruising and swelling that generally subsides in 10-14 days. It will be important to take care of the delicate eyelid skin and prevent the eyelids from getting too much sun exposure, which can darken the scars that were designed to fade over time.
Patient satisfaction for eyelid surgery is consistently over 93 percent in nationwide surveys. This is because this surgery is safe, effective and delivers excellent yet subtle results. If you are interested in learning more about eyelid surgery, call our office at 801-571-2020 today.